Remember how I told you that lemons lighten your nails from that tingy yellow color you get from using bright colors. Well it will also lighten your hair! You heard right! Lemon acid can lighten anything, your skin, nails, and even hair! My mom says when you have dark underarms use lemons! If you want more details on that I’ll create another blog post for it. Just let me know. But back to the topic at hand, your hair! I like lightening my hair during the summer months and darkening during the winter but I hate stripping my hair with bleach. So I took a cheaper and more natural option this year. I used lemons!
Since my hair is naturally thin and that can translate to brittle I added Vitamin E to the mix.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 lemon juice (I used 3 since I needed it for a whole week)
- measuring cup (unless your good at eyeballing it)
- Vitamin E (I used 6 gel capsules but you can buy the liquid)
- 1 ounce of water (just to dilute the mixture)
- spray bottle (I used a small one since I took it for holiday)
Apply it to your hair daily and sit in the sun. The sun plays a big role in this since it needs UV rays to lighten your hair. I’ll post a pic at the end of the week on my Instagram of my lightened hair. If you try I’d love to see a picture as well!
Peace, Love & Lipgloss